Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get around authentication popup ?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1141 Views, 12 Replies

Get around authentication popup ?

We just got mapguide 2010 enterprise and it keeps asking for a login when you try to go to a map page.
Is there any way to get around this ?
I found some hints for older versions but those do not seem to work with 2010 anymore, we need just plain read only anonymous access for the majority of our users.

-
Arjan
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
rieksp
in reply to: Anonymous

which internet browser are you using? ...and are you using IIS or Apache web server?

// Peter
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

We're using IE7 / 8 and FireFox 3.5.
Normal workstation uses IE7 though, but we tried the others as well.

Server runs with Apache.
Message 4 of 13
rieksp

...and are you accessing your map definition via a Basic Layout or the Flexible Web Layout?

PS: if you haven't done so yet, you should also install the Update 1 and 1b service packs from here > http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9242179#section1

regards // Peter
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Patches were already placed.

I *think* we're using the flexible web layout .. the url's have 'fusion' in them .. but I am uncertain how to check for real.
Message 6 of 13
sasyomaru

I've a way to work-around, but it needs some code development.
1. Write some login page (as user is always anonymous, you can let this page always login with anonymous user by code). The purpose of this page is create a session id.
2. Use the session id as one of the page request parameters. For example:
http://localhost/mapguide2010/fusion/templates/mapguide/slate/index.html?ApplicationDefinition=Library%3a%2f%2fTB_LM%2fDefault.ApplicationDefinition&Session=YourSessionIDHere
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

You made a page that logs in for you and uses that session code ?
Or did you just get a session code and put that in there, because usually session id's tend to expire ?
Message 8 of 13
sasyomaru

I mean, making a page that logs in for you.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

Yes, you are using the flexible layout if your url contains 'fusion'. I also have this problem while using flexible layout but was unable to test a basic layout as of yet, so I don't know if that will solve the issue. There must be a way to use the flexible layout without having to write special code to fake the login.
Message 10 of 13
sasyomaru

There is work-around in basic web layout.
However, in Fusion, there is no one.

This is a defect of Fusion framework.
Fusion has fixed this problem in its latest version.
So MapGuide 2011 will get fixed because of this.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

Please post the steps involved in converting a fusion based layout to a basic layout and whether or not the map will have to be re-created from scratch.
Message 12 of 13
sasyomaru

You can use MapGuide studio to create basic web layout, using exisitng map definition (that means, you don't have to re-create feature source, layer definition and map definition).
1. In the site explorer, select "New" -> "Web Layout" -> "Basic Layout" in the context menu of site explorer.
2. The most important thing is in "Map resource used in this layout", choose your map definition.
3. You can choose a page for "URL for home task displayed in Task Pane" or set any other option you want.
4. Save it.

You'll find an URL at "Preview in browser using AJAX viewer" (the one above "Toolbar and Menus" category) and that's the URL for the basic web layout.
You can add USERNAME and PASSWORD in the URL request parameter to block the popup of basic web layout authentication.

The basic web layout may not have as much function as Fusion web layout. But its function is enough for navigating a map.
Message 13 of 13
studio
in reply to: sasyomaru

Sorry if I reply so late.

I have the opposite problem: I'm not able to login on MGE2011 both with flexible or basic layout map!

The browser enter to the map always as "anonymous", and I'm not able to change user: how can I do this?

I've found some code that "seem" to be useful but it is in .php and I've Java-Apache-Tomcat site server based.

The code is the one of the "Developer's guide": I attach it to explain more.

But anyway, how is it possible to insert in the main page of my map a button to specify the login of the user???

Thnaks very very much for any help.

Riccardo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report