Infrastructure Map Server Developer

Valued Contributor
swimming123
Message 1 of 4 (1,177 Views)

Fusion customization

1177 Views, 3 Replies
05-22-2012 04:09 PM

Hi there,

I am new to use map server infrastructure. How can I learn to do customization in fusion? Any book or something I can buy? Thanks.

Valued Mentor
jackie.ng
Message 2 of 4 (1,171 Views)

Re: Fusion customization

05-23-2012 07:52 PM in reply to: swimming123

What exactly are you trying to customize?

Look and feel? Hack and play around with the css/html of one of the fusion templates

Functionality? Create your own InvokeURL and InvokeScript widgets, and add them into your Flexible Layout

- Jackie

Valued Contributor
swimming123
Message 3 of 4 (1,169 Views)

05-23-2012 09:08 PM in reply to: jackie.ng
Hi Jackie I want to create a widget for this task: cusomter click on the map for any specific location, my function can query several hundred of layers and create a report for cutomers. So customer can based on the report to make a decision. Easy to use spatial data instead of reading my hundred of layers and their attribute values behind. So this task has several steps: - create a layer resource for the point of interest; - doing the query between new point layer and my exsiting layers; - Response.Write the results in a format like table; Pretty tough for me because I am beginner. Can you help me with this task. Thank you.
Board Manager
Daniel.Du
Message 4 of 4 (1,164 Views)

05-24-2012 02:18 AM in reply to: swimming123

Have you ever checked this DevTV on Infrastructure Map Server developer center?

DevTV: MapGuide Fusion Technology Introduction
A self-paced video tutorial on how to build a web-based mapping application using the Fusion Viewer Technology and MapGuide Enterprise.
View Online | Download

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!