Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Join with SQL Server not displaying geometry

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wcrichton
370 Views, 4 Replies

Feature Join with SQL Server not displaying geometry

I have set up a feature join as part of a data definition.

The Feature source was loaded from a SHP and converted to SDF.
There are three properties associated with the geometry, FeatId, STRKEY, INTKEY

The joined feature source is a SQL Server database connected through ODBC. I have tried to establish the link using both textual data and integer data and have the same issue with both attempts.

When I reference this feature source in a layer, I have the option of viewing either the primary feature class or the joined feature class.

Selecting the primary feature class in the layer definition displays my geometry but not the joined fields.
Selecting the joined feature class in the layer definition shows my joined fields but no geometry.

Can anyone give me some pointers on linking an SQL Server database to an SDF layer?

Thanks,
Will
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dswilson
in reply to: wcrichton

Hi Will,

please ensure that the primary feature source is the SDF. if the primary resource is the ODBC connection you likely won't have geometry associated with it and that may explain what you are seeing. You should select the new Joined feature class. DO NOT select the new Joined geometry. Use the existing one from the SDF.

That should be it.

Dave
Message 3 of 5
katjaalbrecht

I’m having exactly the same problem even though sdf is the primary feature class (please see the enclosed screeshots).
But this is the way to label geometrie with data-fields from the joined feature, isn’t it? At least it should be?
I use MapGuide Studio SP1
Thanks for any help, Katja
Message 4 of 5
dswilson

Everything looks correct Katja.

What data types are the columns you are joining on? The join does work on string and integer values. If the values are decimal they may not match because of precision issues.

Dave
Message 5 of 5
katjaalbrecht

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. The data types were all right, the problem was, as we just found out, a obviously invalid character in a column name! We didn't even use the column, called SVG-NR. But as soon as we changed the name to SVG_NR, everything worked!
Ypieh!
Thanks, Katja

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report