Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External component has thrown an exception

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
torentrue
1811 Views, 3 Replies

External component has thrown an exception

I am new to MapGuide and Autodesk Infrastructure Studio. I have setup OSGeo MapGuide on a server and it appears to work properly as I can view the samples and access the administration portal. I have accessed the site from Infrastructure studio and can modify layers, etc, but when I try to create a new data connection, I get an error saying "External component has thrown an exception". This happens on the Sheboygen sample as well as a new folder I have created. I have tried an OBDC connection and SDF and as soon as I select the feature provider and click OK, the above error shows up. I have attached the error details.Any help is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
torentrue
in reply to: torentrue

I have loaded Autodesk Ifrastructure Studio on the server that has OS MapGuide running and am, at least able to get the dialog to open, but now get an error that I have posted on the MapGuide forum: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-MapGuide/Cannot-Load-SDF-file/m-p/3607098. Could the original problem be due to me connecting to the server by way of a VPN?

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Daniel.Du
in reply to: torentrue

It seems that this is not API related question, I would suggest you to ask in Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise board, where you may get more answers.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-MapGuide-Enterprise/bd-p/233

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 4 of 4
torentrue
in reply to: Daniel.Du

I am afraid I need to apologize. This turned into a "DUH" moment after I installed AIMS on a workstation tha meets the system requirements that was in the same domain as the OSGeo server.

Thanks you for replying, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report