Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export dwg to txt file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
veillout
333 Views, 2 Replies

export dwg to txt file

Hi,

I want to export features (.STRING, .ROTATION, .X, .Y, BLOCK ATTRIBUTES...) from severals dwg drawings in txt file . In the same time and in the same result, I want to transform coordinate in NAD83 to Lat/Lon. If it's possible, I want to execute in a batch file, without open Autodesk Map.

I know that you can do a query in Map to extract file text but it doesn't take coordinates change...

With this txt file, I want to create a database to load in mapguide.

so ...have you got any idea ???

Thanks for helps!

Yannick
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: veillout

Hi Yannick, I recently purchased FME from Safe Software. It can easily handle the transformations you are contemplating. For instance, I have an address annotation dwg, that we use for our fire run map & other applications. In Mapguide, it is stored in an Access database using Lat/Lon as coordinates, but in the dwg it is kept in a projected (XY) coordinate system. I have created FME translation files that do the coordinate conversion etc. in both directions, depending on where the updates were done. I am in the process of setting up a Mapguide update where the user can double-click on an annotation and edit the text, point to a new location, and adjust the rotation using a combination of data entry form & the Mapguide API (user point). I would then use the mdb --> dwg FME script to update the dwg file using a batch file. Although FME is not cheap ($2,000), it can handle translation between over 100 GIS & database data types. Check it out http://www.safe.com --Bill -- William G Voigt (415) 485-3366 voice GIS Analyst (415) 485-3334 fax Dept Public Works 111 Morphew St City of San Rafael San Rafael, CA 94901 "veillout" wrote in message news:21114792.1071506585491.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > I want to export features (.STRING, .ROTATION, .X, .Y, BLOCK ATTRIBUTES...) from severals dwg drawings in txt file . In the same time and in the same result, I want to transform coordinate in NAD83 to Lat/Lon. If it's possible, I want to execute in a batch file, without open Autodesk Map. > > I know that you can do a query in Map to extract file text but it doesn't take coordinates change... > > With this txt file, I want to create a database to load in mapguide. > > so ...have you got any idea ??? > > Thanks for helps! > > Yannick
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: veillout

FME by Safe is a great product. -- Charles C. (Tripp) Corbin III, MCP Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping Keck & Wood, Inc. www.keckwood.com (678) 417-4013 (678) 417-8785 fax "Bill Voigt" wrote in message news:3fe87c06$1_7@statler... > Hi Yannick, > I recently purchased FME from Safe Software. It can easily handle the > transformations you are contemplating. For instance, I have an address > annotation dwg, that we use for our fire run map & other applications. In > Mapguide, it is stored in an Access database using Lat/Lon as coordinates, > but in the dwg it is kept in a projected (XY) coordinate system. I have > created FME translation files that do the coordinate conversion etc. in both > directions, depending on where the updates were done. I am in the process of > setting up a Mapguide update where the user can double-click on an > annotation and edit the text, point to a new location, and adjust the > rotation using a combination of data entry form & the Mapguide API (user > point). I would then use the mdb --> dwg FME script to update the dwg file > using a batch file. > > Although FME is not cheap ($2,000), it can handle translation between over > 100 GIS & database data types. > Check it out http://www.safe.com > --Bill > > -- > William G Voigt (415) 485-3366 voice > GIS Analyst (415) 485-3334 fax > Dept Public Works 111 Morphew St > City of San Rafael San Rafael, CA 94901 > > "veillout" wrote in message > news:21114792.1071506585491.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Hi, > > > > I want to export features (.STRING, .ROTATION, .X, .Y, BLOCK > ATTRIBUTES...) from severals dwg drawings in txt file . In the same time and > in the same result, I want to transform coordinate in NAD83 to Lat/Lon. If > it's possible, I want to execute in a batch file, without open Autodesk Map. > > > > I know that you can do a query in Map to extract file text but it doesn't > take coordinates change... > > > > With this txt file, I want to create a database to load in mapguide. > > > > so ...have you got any idea ??? > > > > Thanks for helps! > > > > Yannick > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report