Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

Active Contributor
veillout
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)

export dwg to txt file

131 Views, 2 Replies
12-15-2003 08:42 AM
Hi,

I want to export features (.STRING, .ROTATION, .X, .Y, BLOCK ATTRIBUTES...) from severals dwg drawings in txt file . In the same time and in the same result, I want to transform coordinate in NAD83 to Lat/Lon. If it's possible, I want to execute in a batch file, without open Autodesk Map.

I know that you can do a query in Map to extract file text but it doesn't take coordinates change...

With this txt file, I want to create a database to load in mapguide.

so ...have you got any idea ???

Thanks for helps!

Yannick
*Bill Voigt
Message 2 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: export dwg to txt file

12-23-2003 09:31 AM in reply to: veillout
Hi Yannick, I recently purchased FME from Safe Software. It can easily handle the transformations you are contemplating. For instance, I have an address annotation dwg, that we use for our fire run map & other applications. In Mapguide, it is stored in an Access database using Lat/Lon as coordinates, but in the dwg it is kept in a projected (XY) coordinate system. I have created FME translation files that do the coordinate conversion etc. in both directions, depending on where the updates were done. I am in the process of setting up a Mapguide update where the user can double-click on an annotation and edit the text, point to a new location, and adjust the rotation using a combination of data entry form & the Mapguide API (user point). I would then use the mdb --> dwg FME script to update the dwg file using a batch file. Although FME is not cheap ($2,000), it can handle translation between over 100 GIS & database data types. Check it out http://www.safe.com --Bill -- William G Voigt (415) 485-3366 voice GIS Analyst (415) 485-3334 fax Dept Public Works 111 Morphew St City of San Rafael San Rafael, CA 94901 "veillout" wrote in message news:21114792.1071506585491.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > I want to export features (.STRING, .ROTATION, .X, .Y, BLOCK ATTRIBUTES...) from severals dwg drawings in txt file . In the same time and in the same result, I want to transform coordinate in NAD83 to Lat/Lon. If it's possible, I want to execute in a batch file, without open Autodesk Map. > > I know that you can do a query in Map to extract file text but it doesn't take coordinates change... > > With this txt file, I want to create a database to load in mapguide. > > so ...have you got any idea ??? > > Thanks for helps! > > Yannick
*Tripp Corbin
Message 3 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: export dwg to txt file

01-20-2004 10:34 AM in reply to: veillout
FME by Safe is a great product. -- Charles C. (Tripp) Corbin III, MCP Associate Vice President, GIS/Mapping Keck & Wood, Inc. www.keckwood.com (678) 417-4013 (678) 417-8785 fax "Bill Voigt" wrote in message news:3fe87c06$1_7@statler... > Hi Yannick, > I recently purchased FME from Safe Software. It can easily handle the > transformations you are contemplating. For instance, I have an address > annotation dwg, that we use for our fire run map & other applications. In > Mapguide, it is stored in an Access database using Lat/Lon as coordinates, > but in the dwg it is kept in a projected (XY) coordinate system. I have > created FME translation files that do the coordinate conversion etc. in both > directions, depending on where the updates were done. I am in the process of > setting up a Mapguide update where the user can double-click on an > annotation and edit the text, point to a new location, and adjust the > rotation using a combination of data entry form & the Mapguide API (user > point). I would then use the mdb --> dwg FME script to update the dwg file > using a batch file. > > Although FME is not cheap ($2,000), it can handle translation between over > 100 GIS & database data types. > Check it out http://www.safe.com > --Bill > > -- > William G Voigt (415) 485-3366 voice > GIS Analyst (415) 485-3334 fax > Dept Public Works 111 Morphew St > City of San Rafael San Rafael, CA 94901 > > "veillout" wrote in message > news:21114792.1071506585491.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Hi, > > > > I want to export features (.STRING, .ROTATION, .X, .Y, BLOCK > ATTRIBUTES...) from severals dwg drawings in txt file . In the same time and > in the same result, I want to transform coordinate in NAD83 to Lat/Lon. If > it's possible, I want to execute in a batch file, without open Autodesk Map. > > > > I know that you can do a query in Map to extract file text but it doesn't > take coordinates change... > > > > With this txt file, I want to create a database to load in mapguide. > > > > so ...have you got any idea ??? > > > > Thanks for helps! > > > > Yannick > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.