Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error or bug in OSGeo FDO Provider for SQL Server Spatial in Autodesk Studio2014

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ndeneau
649 Views, 1 Reply

Error or bug in OSGeo FDO Provider for SQL Server Spatial in Autodesk Studio2014

I was wondering if you could tell me if this is a bug or else how to configuring this correctly? I receive the following error when trying to test my connection using the built-in OSGeo FDO Provider for SQL Server Spatial from Autodesk Studio 2014 to a MS SQL Server Spatial server (v 10.50.4000)...

An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The server principal "myLoginHere" is not able to access the database "WrongDatabaseNotMyDefault" under the current security context.  (Cause: , Root Cause: RDBMS: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The server principal "myLoginHere" is not able to access the database "WrongDatabaseNotMyDefault" under the current security context. )

Additional details:

- The database listed in the error above is not what I expected. I was expecting the FDO to try and connect to the default database configured to my login id.

-I am able to connect and see data but am not able to select geometry from AIMS Studio using the OSGeo FDO Provider for ODBC.

-I am able to connect and see data and geometry rows using Microsoft SQL Management Studio.

-I can see other database names from Microsoft SQL Management Studio but I do not have permissions to view any details about these databases.

-The first database listed in the databases I can see is the "WrongDatabaseNotMyDefault" database from the error!

Thanks For Your Help,

Nathan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
gluckett
in reply to: ndeneau

There is a requirement that the user you log into SQL Server with AIMS, needs to be able to connect to all Databases on the SQL Server, even if they don't have rights.
This is a weird bug, and Using the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, you will have to use the Security>Logins - and under Properties for that user, enable all "User Mapping" to all databases on the server.

Yucky I know, but that is the work around for that bug in AIMS 2014 and older.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report