Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - Could not load file or assembly MapGuideDotNetAPI

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
georgega
2627 Views, 3 Replies

Error - Could not load file or assembly MapGuideDotNetAPI

I'm trying to embed an AIMS 2012 viewer in a webpage. I'm following the instructions in Daniel Du's webcasts. It doesn't matter if I embed a basic layout or a flex layout. I get the same error message when I try to browse the page - "Could not load file or assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi, Version=2.3.0.4202, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

I found some references to this error on the OSGeo website for MapGuide OS but not sure if it applies to AIMS 2012. I know that the dll referenced in the error message is only used for backwards compatibility. Since this is a brand new web app, I'm not concerned about backwards compatibility. So I thought I could just remove the offending dll from my website "bin" folder. But then I get the same error message, except now it references one of the new OSGeo.MapGuide dlls. 

Has anyone come across this? Anybody know how to fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jackie.ng
in reply to: georgega

It's most likely a 32-bit/64-bit problem. One of these things doesn't match:

• You are using 64-bit MapGuide dlls from a 32-bit web application or vice versa
  • Your web application is configured to be 32-bit in IIS, but using 64-bit dlls or vice versa

- Jackie

Message 3 of 4
soudemans
in reply to: jackie.ng

Jackie,

Could you elaborate on how to determine which is which

• You are using 64-bit MapGuide dlls from a 32-bit web application or vice versa
  • Your web application is configured to be 32-bit in IIS, but using 64-bit dlls or vice versa

- Jackie

1. How can you tell what DLLs (64 or 32 bit) you are using?
  2. How do you determine what your application is configured for?
  3. When would you want to configure your application for 64 bit?  Like what should it be if we are running MapGuide OSGeo 64 bit on Windows 2008 R2 Server?
  4. This final question depends a little on your previous answer: Where do we get the drivers once we know what we need?

Thanks,

Sierk

Message 4 of 4
Daniel.Du
in reply to: soudemans

This video may be helpful for you.

Video : Autodesk® Infrastructure Map Server 2012 API Webcast
Recorded version of the Autodesk® Infrastructure Map Server 2012 API webcast
View Online | Download

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report