Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1722 when Installing MapGuide Studio Enterprise

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chrisgountanis
664 Views, 6 Replies

Error 1722 when Installing MapGuide Studio Enterprise

I can't install MG Studio from ADN site or anywhere else. I get a 1722 error about 1/2 into the install. Seems it's right after some sub install DWG extractor then when it finished ERROR.

I have seen this a few times. I can't remember how the heck I got past this. Image attached below for full view.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Chris,
Here are some things to try:

First, whenever installing or uninstalling MapGuide Studio, you should use the Windows Task Manager to make sure that there is no DETE.exe process running. If it is running, then kill it.

Uninstall MapGuide Studio. If you get an error during the uninstall of the DETE component, then uninstall DETE manually using:

msiexec /x{D111E6A4-E8AF-46E1-B7DB-BC2B632FCA9F}

Remove all files from the MapGuide Studio installation folder.

Reinstall MapGuide Studio.

Bill
Message 3 of 7
mredwings
in reply to: chrisgountanis

Problem Solved.

One of two things.
When installing Mapguide Studio, make sure mapguide Server Service is stopped. Next, clean all of your temp files out of c:\docs&Settings\(Username)\Local settings\temp
After those two things this should go thru just fine.
Message 4 of 7

II had the same problem.

You are right the problem seems to be related to DETE

The install log seems to indicate it wants to do a reboot, but it doesn't.

I can't remember the command, you can generate form looking in install log.

But basically I ran the MS installer, in full interaction mode, on the DETE I did a repair and install.

I may have rebooted,

Then when I reinstalled Studio it worked.

So get DETE installed correctly, then Studio should install okay
Message 5 of 7

Oddly enough the only way we can install it is by shutting off a bunch of tasks from task manager to the bare minimum. Then it installs fine. Which one is causing the issue I don't know. I never have seena DETE in the task manager so not sure what that is about. This is happening on all of our machines. Map3D, MG and the basics. Even on fresh install machines this seems to be an issue. Very annoying.
Message 6 of 7

The problem was the OS. I used nLite to compile a nice tight up-to-date OS install disk for Windows XP. I disabled system restore completely. I am putting a heavy bet that is what caused this installer issue. Reinstall with original disk no problems. Maybe the installer checks for system restore state and when not exactly normal it bombs like an old Pinto.
Message 7 of 7
doggybs
in reply to: chrisgountanis

Hi

When I run this to uninstall DETE it say 'The action is only valid for products that are currently install'.

But when i run
Msiexec.exe /i "E:\mgstudio\DETE\dete" /qf INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideStudio2008\DETE" /lev c:\mgsydio.log to install DETE it says 'can't find End User License Agreement' ??

Any ideas?

Thanks
James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report