Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Layers are blank in MapGuide Author

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
205 Views, 1 Reply

DWG Layers are blank in MapGuide Author

I'm trying to create a DWG layer in MapGuide Author. Everything appears to be working, but nothing is displayed. The status bar even reports the number of bytes that are transferred, but nothing shows up. I've tried a number of .dwg files to no avail. I was going to make them into SDF files, but the documentation says that this step is no longer necessary. Should I use SDF files anyway? If not, how do I get the .dwg files to show up?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LochDhu
in reply to: Anonymous

DWG's are not, were never meant to be, and never will be, a format to be published over the internet - there's just way too much stuff in a DWG for performance issues. Even with Spatial indexes created it just doesn't cut it.

Having said that, I would definitely move to SDF - use the SDF Loader for batch processing. I only use DWG's for text layers.

Your problem with the DWG not showing up may be the coordinate system used, or lack of one used.

Good Luck,

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report