Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does IMS2012 really require a Win Server 2008 Enterprise if it's for 64-bit OS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
meng.li
1282 Views, 6 Replies

Does IMS2012 really require a Win Server 2008 Enterprise if it's for 64-bit OS

Sorry if this question has been answered(didn't find one).

I read the System Requirements for Infrastructure Map Server (IMS) 2012:

Operating System

64-Bit:

Server Components: Core Server, Web Extension, Infrastructure Application Extensions, Mobile Viewer & GeoREST

• · Microsoft® Windows Server®2008 Enterprise Release 2

Does MGE 2012/IMS 2012 really require a Windows Enterprise edition? what about Standard edition? won't work?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sroussev
in reply to: meng.li

I am using Win 2008, Standard Edition R2 and it does work.

Message 3 of 7
Sale05
in reply to: sroussev

Hi,

I was wondering the same thing. I don't understand why Enterprise Edition, since previous versions worked on standard edition.

Anyway do Application Extensions (aka. Topobase web) work ok with standard edition R2?

Regards,

Aleksandar

Message 4 of 7
sroussev
in reply to: Sale05

I am trying to do the Industry Model Setup with Oracle DB and I am running into issues.  I am unable to finish the Setup, and currently have a support request with Autodesk.   The support desk response:

Thank you for contacting Autodesk Support.

I understand that when you try to create a MAPSYS user in Infrastructure Map Server 2012, you receive the error that says, in part, "Unable to deploy Java packages".

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this trouble.

Do you happen to be running Oracle Client 11.2.0.2? There have been some reports of this issue occurring with that version of Oracle Client. Many have had success by switching to Oracle Client 11.2.0.1.

Please let me know if this appears to solve your case.

That being said, I am not sure if this is due to Standard Edition vs Enterprise.

Message 5 of 7
Sale05
in reply to: sroussev

I asked Autodesk support on this matter, I they said this is question for VAD. Since I am VAR I don't agree with them i tried to explain the problem. 

Anyway the problem you are having is not with Enterprise since your DB doesn't have to be on the same server as IMS. This might be Oracle Client problem, but also problem with regional settings. Had the same problem but I changed all Regional settings to English, USA, USA keybord...

Try this one, but also try to create mapsys from server not from client computer or from computer if you are doing it on server.

Message 6 of 7
meng.li
in reply to: Sale05

Autodesk Support replied to me as:

"AIMS 2012 can run on Windows 2008 R2 without problems. The OS is on our supported list and AIMS 2012 was tested on Windows 2008 R2.

I take that to mean that any flavor of Windows 2008 R2 will work properly for Map Server 2012."

Therefore, I installed IMS 2012 on a Win Server 2008 R2 Standard edition server. It seems working, however, I found the WMS service setup tab from Layer's properties of Studio is missing, and also creating and uploading a package file from MGE Admin didn't work (no error, no log file created). I can only use Services API interface to upload my package. Not sure if this is my install/config problem or an OS edition issue? Will have to try to re-install and configure it.

Message 7 of 7
Groszg
in reply to: meng.li

Hello,

I've had the same question some time ago. By then, we have several AIMS 2012 installed on machines with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and they all run without a problem for several months now.

Groszg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report