Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Data Connection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
412 Views, 2 Replies

Defining Data Connection

I am doing MapGuide Authoring in Windows, and my MapGuide server runs on Linux. When i do the New data connection, first using FDO Provider for ODBC, i get this error "There is an error in XML document (0, 0). when trying to click on the Data Source name button. Thus i cannot proceed with the rest of the steps. The error in Test Connection Pane is "An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: No current open database."

When i tried to use the Configure Oracle Connection, either Use MapGuide credentials and Use the following credentials radio button do not get enabled; and when i hit Test Connection button, it returned this error message: "An exception occurred in FDO component.
CLNT_8_UNABLE_TO_LOAD_LIBRARY"

But when i test conection using the Mapguide server installed in Windows (same computer where i do MG authoring), the connection is successful. I can get the tables on my Oracle XE and even connect to my acess databases.

I checked in my installation directory, the FDO folder is present in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2007\Server\Bin" whereas in linux directory, FDO folder is not present in its server/bin directory. Does this makes the error?

I will greatly appreciate any help for this. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dswilson
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe the first error is a result of not having any ODBC connections defined on Linux. I have not had any success with the LInux ODBC Administrator type gui's, but I have manually been able to configure ODBC entries via an odbc.ini file (assuming you have installed ODBC drivers on your Linux box).

The second error appears to indicate you haven't installed the oracle client libarary on your Linux box. We have tested and successfully used the 10gR1 instant client on Linux.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Okay thank you very much Dave for the consistent answers.

I have that also in mind, though unfortunately im not still so familiar with linux unlike in windows. We have another personnel in charge for the linux stuffs but now im trying to get along. Thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report