Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load 'MapGuideDotNetApi' warning message

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
swimming123
2181 Views, 4 Replies

Could not load 'MapGuideDotNetApi' warning message

When I start to do customization for AIMS using VS2010 .NET4.0, I copy the .dll file to my project folder, add reference to5 OSGeo***.dll files.  I got the warning messageis as follows:

Warning           C:\Altus\AltusWebMap\AltusWebMap\Default.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Could not load file or assembly 'MapGuideDotNetApi' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. C:\Abc\AbcWebMap\AbcWebMap\Default.aspx         1          1          AbcWebMap

How to fix this?  Is this the problem that cause my redline not working? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jackie.ng
in reply to: swimming123

You need to make sure your IIS application pool assigned to your web application is running at the same bit-ness as your version of AIMS/MapGuide

- Jackie

Message 3 of 5
swimming123
in reply to: jackie.ng

IIS Application pool is 64 bits, AIMS2013 is also 64bits, but my visual studio 2010 is 32 bits. It also matters,right?

Message 4 of 5
jackie.ng
in reply to: swimming123

If you're debugging with Visual Studio's built-in web server (or IIS express), it's probably a 32-bit process, which is why it can't load your 64-bit MapGuide assemblies.

Try setting up a virtual directory in IIS for your MapGuide/AIMS application (assigned to the same application pool as MapGuide/AIMS) and open that virtual dir with Visual Studio (probably need UAC elevation). This should let you debug with IIS proper and have all the bitnesses be the same.

- Jackie

Message 5 of 5
andy62
in reply to: jackie.ng

after days and days of work, I am still not able to compile my dot.net application with AIMS 2014 64-bit.
I followed this video also:
http://download.autodesk.com/media/adn/AIMS2012_Webcast_English/AIMS2012_Webcast_English.html
but without success Smiley Embarassed

can someone help me?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums