Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to Sql 2008 64bit AIMS 2012

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
DustinEarls
525 Views, 10 Replies

Connect to Sql 2008 64bit AIMS 2012

Hi,

I am trying to connect to SQL Server using Infrastructure Studio FDO (AIMS 2012). I've read through all the posts regarding connecting and have made sure that I have access to all the Databases. I installed a local SQL express to test and I am trying to log on as SA and that also fails.

Here is the error:

An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).

Any help would be appreciated. I've spent several days trying to get this to work. I can connect using Map 3D without any problem.

Thanks.

Dustin

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
gluckett
in reply to: DustinEarls

If you can connect in Map 3D, why not publish your map from Map 3D to AIMS and see how the data connection reacts once it is "Published"?

Message 3 of 11
DustinEarls
in reply to: gluckett

Thank you for the reply.

I'm running Map 3d 2013 and the AIMS version is 2012. When I tried to publish from map I recieved an error that Map Server 2.3.0.4202 is incompatible with AutoCAD Map 3D. I guess I could try to install map 3d 2012 and see if that works. Ideally I want to be able to use studio so I can do some development.

Thank you again. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Dustin

Message 4 of 11
gluckett

Definitely try with Map 3D 2012 and see what the SQL Connection shows - you
must connect AIMS with a SQL Server user and not a Windows user. For
example: sa
Message 5 of 11
DustinEarls

I tried installing Map 3D 2012 and publishing to AIMS 2012. I was able to connect to both the local sql express and slq on remote server, bring in features and style them. Published through Map 3D and it looked like everything worked. Message that layers published successfully. Browser popped up with a legend of all the features but no data was rendered. Went into Studio and looked at the connection properties and hit test connection and still gave me same error as posted previously. Kind of at a loss at this point of how to get this to function correctly.

If anyone has any idea of what I might be doing wrong or missing it would be greatly appreciated. I can't move forward untill this issue is solved. Seems like this shouldn't be this difficult. Very dissapointing.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
gluckett

Try this on the table

Update my table
Set geom=geom.MakeValid()
Message 7 of 11
DustinEarls

I ran the query on the two test tables I have. Still same results.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 8 of 11
gluckett

In SQL Server, is your geometry column a "geometry" or "geography" column?

Does your table have a primary key?

Does your table have a spatial index on the geometry column?

what user are you logging in as?  Does this user have access to all databases in SQL Server?

Are you using the "sa" user?

Message 9 of 11
DustinEarls

Geometry Type

Yes the table has a primary key

One table has spatial index and one does not (I only have two tables in this local express instance that I'm using to test connection)

I'm logging in as 'sa'. I have access to all the databases.

I've tried every possible combination for servername

ipaddress\sqlexpress

computername\sqlexpress

full computer name\sqlexpress

It seems like if there was a problem with the tables I would still be able to connect to database but possibly not see the tables or be able to edit them.

I've had that problem with map 3d before. So are the fdo dll's the same for map 3d and AIMS. I was under the impression they are? It just seems odd I'm able to connect with map no problem but not with AIMS.

As a side note I started going through one of the getting started tutorials for AIMS and was able to upload all the file based resources such as shp, dwg, sdf, and view them all fine. But I was not able to attach to the sample Access database. I've also tried to connect using ODBC, and Oracle with no success.

Thank you for spending the time to try and help. Greatly appreciated.

Message 10 of 11
gluckett

Is the SQL Server Express installed on the same computer? If not the Firewall may be an issue.  Also the SQL Server Configuration Manager must be used to expose SQL Server's IP, Computer Name etc.

Alternatively, you could try downloading a newer version of the FDO Provider to SQL SErver Spatial from http://fdo.osgeo.org/content/fdo-360-downloads#3.6.0_win64_provider_binaries

You would have to put them in your FDO folder in AIMS Server install directory...

Message 11 of 11
DustinEarls

Finally got a chance to get back to this. I successfully connected to remote SQL database! Thanks for your assistance. Turned out to be Permissions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report