Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to Access Database in Sample Data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
3man
553 Views, 3 Replies

Connect to Access Database in Sample Data

I am trying to link to parcels.mdb (Getting Started.pdf p54). When testing the connection in step three, I get this error.

"An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: No current open database."

It looks like my feature providers were setup correctly by the default install. I'm not sure what this error means or where to go to get it working. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: 3man

I am also having the same problem. Have you managed to find a solution?
Message 3 of 4
dswilson

There is an error in the connection string that is preventing this from working. The connection string should be what is contained with the quotes: "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=%MG_DATA_FILE_PATH%Parcels.mdb"

The quotes technically are not needed. This is also discussed in the help for Studio if you click on the help icon at the top right of the Configure ODBC Database Connection page.

Dave
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks. I have found the problem. On the studio help page they refer to including the filename at the end of the connection script, but in the example they give they show the full file path being included. The example is incorrect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report