Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

3man
Message 1 of 4 (315 Views)

Connect to Access Database in Sample Data

315 Views, 3 Replies
10-27-2006 04:37 PM
I am trying to link to parcels.mdb (Getting Started.pdf p54). When testing the connection in step three, I get this error.

"An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: No current open database."

It looks like my feature providers were setup correctly by the default install. I'm not sure what this error means or where to go to get it working. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt
Philip McFarlane
Message 2 of 4 (315 Views)

Re: Connect to Access Database in Sample Data

11-06-2006 04:20 PM in reply to: 3man
I am also having the same problem. Have you managed to find a solution?
Employee
dswilson
Message 3 of 4 (315 Views)

11-07-2006 07:43 AM in reply to: 3man
There is an error in the connection string that is preventing this from working. The connection string should be what is contained with the quotes: "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=%MG_DATA_FILE_PATH%Parcels.mdb"

The quotes technically are not needed. This is also discussed in the help for Studio if you click on the help icon at the top right of the Configure ODBC Database Connection page.

Dave

Dave Wilson
SQA Analyst
AEC IM
Autodesk, Inc.

Philip McFarlane
Message 4 of 4 (315 Views)

11-07-2006 02:39 PM in reply to: 3man
Thanks. I have found the problem. On the studio help page they refer to including the filename at the end of the connection script, but in the example they give they show the full file path being included. The example is incorrect.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.