Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite Linetypes from SHP and SDF

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rszabolcs
273 Views, 2 Replies

Composite Linetypes from SHP and SDF

I run into problem with composite lines:

I have an SHP dataset. I tried to create a layer with themes and composite lines and I run into this:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=5965310׾

So I switched to SDF, I loaded my SHP files into SDF format with a load procedure and I got similar, but a bit worse result. So I decided to throw away the themes, and decided to create separate layer for every theme. I imported the SHP-s into DWG with AutoCAD Map, created separate AutoCAD layers by queries, and loaded the DWG into SDF with a load procedure. So I have separate layers based on an SDF datasource, I don't have to use themes.

I'd like to use composite lines, but the the rendering of the composite lines from this SDF layer looks very bad, I can see the startpoint and the endpoint of the line segments. In an SHP layer the rendering of the linework was continous.

Is there any workaround of this problem?

Thanks,
Szabolcs
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dswilson
in reply to: rszabolcs

Have you applied Upate 1 against MGE? I have tried 3 sources so far and can't reproduce the problem. The issue may also be specific to the data. I have seen some very oddly segmented shp line data where segements effectively overlap or sometimes completely overlay each other. Depending on which lines get rendered on top affects the output.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 3
rszabolcs
in reply to: rszabolcs

I've just applied Update 1, and it solved my problem!

Rendering the composite line from the DWG-loaded SDF remained wrong (despite the correct linework, no overlaping, no gaps), but the themed layers based on the SHP-loaded SDF-s work fine with composite lines now!

Thanks!
Szabolcs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report