Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cf report preserve quotes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ebnesom
190 Views, 1 Reply

cf report preserve quotes

I am trying to make the connection to oracle 10g using coldfusion 4.5. I have successfully connected in cf admin. however when I run the report I get Data Access Error
Unknown Data Access Error.
The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (10:1) to (10:59).
My query is ...
SELECT * FROM GIS.SDO_SWCSCULVERTIN WHERE OBJECTID IN (#PreserveSingleQuotes(OBJ_KEYS)#) ORDER BY OBJECTID

The same query works when I use an access mdb. So I think it must be the preservequotes syntax.
Any help?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: ebnesom

ebnesom,

What is the data type of the OBJECTID field in your Oracle database? Is
it a character-based data type? If so, although I haven't worked with
Oracle, I believe your query follows standard SQL syntax. However, if
your OBJECTID field is numeric-based (integer, float, decimal, etc.),
you do not want to enclose your OBJ_KEYS in quotes at all.

HTH,
Carl

ebnesom wrote:
> I am trying to make the connection to oracle 10g using coldfusion 4.5. I have successfully connected in cf admin. however when I run the report I get Data Access Error
> Unknown Data Access Error.
> The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFQUERY), occupying document position (10:1) to (10:59).
> My query is ...
> SELECT * FROM GIS.SDO_SWCSCULVERTIN WHERE OBJECTID IN (#PreserveSingleQuotes(OBJ_KEYS)#) ORDER BY OBJECTID
>

> The same query works when I use an access mdb. So I think it must be the preservequotes syntax.
> Any help?
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report