Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

mandanglo
Message 1 of 5 (1,424 Views)

cannot open coordinate system dictionaries for write

1424 Views, 4 Replies
08-02-2006 04:49 PM
does anyone have any information on what causes this error. I am scratching my head here. any help will be greatly appreciated thank you so much.
Ryan
scott
Message 2 of 5 (1,424 Views)

Re: cannot open coordinate system dictionaries for write

11-02-2007 07:44 AM in reply to: mandanglo
In your case I am not sure but in my case I got this error because I installed Civil 3d on Vista 64 bit even though it is not supported or supposed to be installed. The reason it gave me this I believe was because the corrdinate system files are stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\GIS" and in the 32 bit version of windows it would go in a slightly different path. I was able to fix this by opening the drawing with a coordinate system I diddnt have on a different machine and when I added the coordinate system to civil 3d I closed the program and copied the coordinate system files over to my machine. no more error.
Captianbeo
Message 3 of 5 (1,424 Views)

12-14-2008 06:28 PM in reply to: mandanglo
Hi! I have just studied MAP 3D and I have this problem like that but I don't understand Unstableflame's instruction,
please give me detail, thanks
note : I don't know What are " add coordinate system to Civil" and "Copy coordinate system file "
in "Copy Copy coordinate system file " , What is file??? Where is file??? and Where do I copy to Edited by: Captianbeo on Dec 15, 2008 2:59 AM
marijan911
Message 4 of 5 (1,424 Views)

10-11-2009 02:02 PM in reply to: mandanglo
You just have to open AutoCad Map or Civil as Administrator (right click on icon) and everything is going to work properly. Bye
jepa
Message 5 of 5 (1,283 Views)

06-27-2012 08:56 AM in reply to: mandanglo

I am trying to define a coordinate system used in an african country, in both AUTOCAP MAP 2004 and AUTOCAD MAP 3D 2011,both installed in Window 7 for storing in the dictionary, for usig in several projects later. But I'm having issues.I go to Map > Tools > Define Global Coordinate System. The local projection is based on an ellipsoid. I enter all the information and select OK. I get a window saying "Cannot add coordinate system to dictionary."

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.