Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot open coordinate system dictionaries for write

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mandanglo
1711 Views, 4 Replies

cannot open coordinate system dictionaries for write

does anyone have any information on what causes this error. I am scratching my head here. any help will be greatly appreciated thank you so much.
Ryan
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scott
in reply to: mandanglo

In your case I am not sure but in my case I got this error because I installed Civil 3d on Vista 64 bit even though it is not supported or supposed to be installed. The reason it gave me this I believe was because the corrdinate system files are stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\GIS" and in the 32 bit version of windows it would go in a slightly different path. I was able to fix this by opening the drawing with a coordinate system I diddnt have on a different machine and when I added the coordinate system to civil 3d I closed the program and copied the coordinate system files over to my machine. no more error.
Message 3 of 5
Captianbeo

Hi! I have just studied MAP 3D and I have this problem like that but I don't understand Unstableflame's instruction,
please give me detail, thanks
note : I don't know What are " add coordinate system to Civil" and "Copy coordinate system file "
in "Copy Copy coordinate system file " , What is file??? Where is file??? and Where do I copy to Edited by: Captianbeo on Dec 15, 2008 2:59 AM
Message 4 of 5
marijan911

You just have to open AutoCad Map or Civil as Administrator (right click on icon) and everything is going to work properly. Bye
Message 5 of 5
jepa

I am trying to define a coordinate system used in an african country, in both AUTOCAP MAP 2004 and AUTOCAD MAP 3D 2011,both installed in Window 7 for storing in the dictionary, for usig in several projects later. But I'm having issues.I go to Map > Tools > Define Global Coordinate System. The local projection is based on an ellipsoid. I enter all the information and select OK. I get a window saying "Cannot add coordinate system to dictionary."

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report