Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create package in MGE 2008

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cm3131
356 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot create package in MGE 2008

Hi,

We're experiencing trouble in creating a package with the following errors:

ERROR_MESSAGE: An exception occurred in DB XML component. Error: Not enough space

The size of our Library folder is now > 4Gb. Is this a problem? Is there a size limitation for creating packages in MGE 2008?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cherian
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dswilson
in reply to: cm3131

Yes there is a 2GB limit on Packages. This is a PHP restriction.

You will have to break up the packages into smaller chuncks unfortuntely. Are you trying to migrate the whole repository to 2009 or to another instance of 2008?

Dave
Message 3 of 7
cm3131

Dave,

Thanks for your response. We're actually trying to create a package of ALL the data to migrate to a new server. It will be to another MG 2008 instance.

The "DataFiles" folder is currently about 4.08 Gb in size and contains about 9,946 Folders and 9,945 Files.

When creating a package, how do you break it up? We can't figure out a wild card to use to break this up.

Please let me know if I could provide any additional info to you. Again, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cherian
Message 4 of 7
dswilson

It's not easy to guess based on how your data is distributed across your folders within Site Explorer. If you knew about half of your data was in a couple of subfolders you could try exporting lower levels of the tree, but then you'd skip higher levels. Not an ideal solution. The basic problem is that the packaged data must zip to 2GB or less.

Alternatlively you can copy the whole repository subdirectory to your new instance and either replace the installed set or place it in a new location and change the path references in the serverconfig.ini. For example the installed folders are defaulted to the c drive. If you created a set of folders on your d or e drive of your new machine that included the full "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\..." down to the server directory you could just edit the new serverconfig.ini and change the path from C to D or E without changing any subdirectories. You could also do this on a new install from Site Admin. Log out, restart your server. There are only a few path entries that include Repositories in them to change.

Dave
Message 5 of 7
dswilson

With the introduction of Unmanaged resources in MGE 2008, more users have been using unmanaged resources which avoids this issue. Of course they have to manage paths and aliases to their data properly with the new approach.

Dave
Message 6 of 7
mrsyer

I am having trouble making a package. I know the folder should be located in 'Library://...', however I'm having trouble locating that location. thnks.
Message 7 of 7
dswilson

If you right click and execute properties on the folder you wish to export a package for, you can get the folder path from the properties page. You can then paste that into field in Site Admin.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report