Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't start mapguide enterprise server 2010 service

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
766 Views, 3 Replies

can't start mapguide enterprise server 2010 service

Hi,

mapguide 2010 worked ok, but today I installed update 1 of MG2010 server and webserverextensions.
After stopping the MG service and Web Server, installing the update, I couldn't start the MG service anymore.

Message I receive :
Could not start the MapGuide Enterprise 2010 Server service on Local Computer.
Error 1053 : The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dswilson
in reply to: Anonymous

Had you changed any paths to move your Repositories to another folder? Is it possible the serverconfig.ini got overwritten?

Try starting the server from the command line and see if you get any errors.

mgserver2010.exe /run

If it was slow to start on a reboot it may be other services were just to slow. Keeping the machine defragged helps to reduce this problem.

Regards,
Dave
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

thanks for the reply.
No the paths haven't changed, and the serverconfig.ini has been changed by us but not been overwritten.
I did a "c:\windows\system32\net.exe start MapGuideServer2010" on the command line without success.
I tried also changing the name of the service in the registry to A_MapGuideServer2010", without success.

I just did a repair of the server and web server extensions in the "Add or Remove Programs" dialog, and it's running again now.
But I assume that the update 1 is overwritten again.

Regards,
Michiel
Message 4 of 4
dswilson

Odd. I don't believe the Repair undoes the update. MSI installers are supposed to take the updates into consideration. You should be able to tell by looking at the dates on files in your ..\server\bin folder for example and see 8\5\2009 dates from the update.

I can't say what went wrong, but you might want to stop the service, run a BackupOfflineRepositories, RestoreColdBackupRepositories and then execute a RecoverRepositories from the RepositoryAdmin folder. This should validate the integrity of the Repository and update it's transaction logs which should help speed the startup of the service.

Regards,
Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report