Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't start infrastructure map server 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
nik.mazreen
1282 Views, 8 Replies

can't start infrastructure map server 2012

Hi,

I have a problem to start my infrastructure map server 2012 service. when i try to restart the services, it prompt this error --> "The infrastructure  map server 2012 service on local computer started and then stopped.some services stop automatically if there are not in use by other services or programs." i installed all my map server, web server and studio on my local pc and i already activate the license. but when i try to login to studio, it asked me to start the map server. when i try to start the map server, the error shown above pop-up.

any idea??

Th in advance.

-Nik-

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

You can check the event viewer (control panel; administrative tools) for a clue. It may contain the error which was encountered, or check the log from map server itself Autodesk infrastructure map server 2012\Logs\Error.log

Message 3 of 9
ITSupport007
in reply to: nik.mazreen

I had a probelm of not being able to load resources - "Operation not valid due to current state of the object". I Installed the recommended SP1's for 64 bit modules. I now have the new problem of the service starting up, then shutting down. I tried a delayed start and manual start on the service - same problem.

I cleared the Event  logs. No new clues are given, just that the service is starting up, then shutting down. It would be nice to know what other service may be conflicting or missing.

Thanks in advance for future assistance.

Message 4 of 9

The Infrastructure Map Server 2012 service entered the stopped state.  Event ID: 7036

Message 5 of 9
jackie.ng

Try running the server executable in interactive mode. Just run the executable from the command line with the "run" parameter. If it dies (like it did when it was run as a service), it may tell you why.

- Jackie

Message 6 of 9
ITSupport007

Thank you. Unfortunately, no additional message. I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire package. The service is fine until the first reboot. After that, it starts up and quickly shuts down.

Message 7 of 9
ITSupport007

Uninstalled, then reinstalled. Did not add service packs. Services works fine. After Reboot, with services set to automatic, get Error Event ID: 7000

"The Infrastructure Map Server 2012 service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

Same with (Delayed Start) to the Service.

Able to start manually, after each reboot.

Running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Message 8 of 9
johngrego

I'm having exactly the same issue with my IMS 2012 installation.  I have applied the latest service packs and everything was running normally, but after adding an alias in the Site Administrator the IMS service stopped.  I tried to repair the installation and do everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

Can someone please post a possible solution to this problem that they may be aware of?

Message 9 of 9
johngrego

Solution:

Un-install Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server 2012, and then re-apply service pack.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report