Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

Infrastructure Map Server General Discussion

Valued Contributor
swimming123
Message 1 of 4 (581 Views)

Can I change ApplicationDefinition based on log in client's Id

581 Views, 3 Replies
11-06-2012 10:37 AM

In order to show different spatial data type to different clients; Can I dynamically (program) to create a fusion Application Definition? I really need this function works.

Valued Mentor
jackie.ng
Message 2 of 4 (576 Views)

Re: Can I change ApplicationDefinition based on log in client's Id

11-06-2012 06:41 PM in reply to: swimming123

An ApplicationDefinition is just an XML document pointed to by a resource id.

Both of which you can customize and/or override before the Fusion viewer ever gets its hands on it.

So you would build the specific ApplicationDefinition XML document based on your client's id, save it out into a session-based resource id, and feed that resource id into your Fusion template URL so it gets initialized with your client-specific ApplicationDefinition

- Jackie

Valued Contributor
swimming123
Message 3 of 4 (574 Views)

11-06-2012 07:26 PM in reply to: jackie.ng
Thank you very much, Jackie.
Valued Contributor
swimming123
Message 4 of 4 (565 Views)

11-07-2012 07:56 AM in reply to: jackie.ng

It's a very good idea. But I cannot find the where is the fusion Application Definition file stored, or where is my layout folder is when I create it using Studio or Maestro. Thank you.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.