Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to open a form displaying features data

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
520 Views, 0 Replies

Best way to open a form displaying features data

I am looking for an elegant solution to activate a form based on the selection of a single feature. The Mapguide default is that you select one or more features and click a corresponding button or menu item in the toolbar.  The button has the ability to check if something is selected, but filtering the right features or checking if more than one has been selected has to be done programmatically. 

The form in question will allow the user to view the features attribute data as well as edit maintenance information about the selected feature and it should only work on a single feature.  I would like to do something like display some basic attribute information, for the selected feature, in either the properties area or the task frame and include a button, in the list of attributes, to open the said form.

As elegant as this may seem I do not know how this can be done or if there might be a better way to do this.  I do not necessarily care for the means provided by Mapguide Ent (button, or menu item in the tool bar).

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report