Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation DWG load procedure in Studio

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pg002a
1068 Views, 4 Replies

Automation DWG load procedure in Studio

HI

I want to figure out is it possible to automate DWG load procedure using Studio so I dont need to do it manually every time DWG file have changed. Can anyone suggest how it possible to do.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gluckett
in reply to: pg002a

If you use AIMS 2013 you can directly connect to the DWG with an Alias and the FDO Provider for DWG, so when the file updates you are good to go.

Message 3 of 5
pg002a

Yes but I noticed that when aims is running you can´t save edits directly to that DWG so if you wan´t make edits you have to first temporarily shut down aims. This same happens when you have made manually FDO connection to DWG. So basically this is limitation of DWG for example SDF can have multiple users.

Connectingto  DWG using FDO I need to manually add custom linetypes and symbols, but using DWG load preserves automatically all styles.

Message 4 of 5
gluckett

Why not use a batch file to copy the DWGs at night:

In your batch file, stop AIMS, copy the files, and start AIMS

net stop InfrastructureMapServer2013

pushd \\mystorageserver\d$\DWGFILES\

copy *.dwg d:\AIMSDWGS\*.dwg

popd

net start InfrastructureMapServer2013

If you use Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks, you can call this batch file every evening to keep mapguide up to date.

As a side note, you can harvest all the rotations, blocks, block scale etc from the DWG and recreate them in AIMS, the hard part is loading the Symbols into AIMS ...

gordon

Message 5 of 5
andy62
in reply to: gluckett

Hi Gordon
can you please explain in detail the following lines?

pushd \\mystorageserver\d$\DWGFILES\

copy *.dwg d:\AIMSDWGS\*.dwg

popd

andy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report