Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ajaxviewer.aspx missing after installation of Infrastructure Map Server & Studio

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ITSupport007
696 Views, 5 Replies

ajaxviewer.aspx missing after installation of Infrastructure Map Server & Studio

New to Autodesk products, so bear with me.

Went through all the steps of the install and setting up II7, using the .NET API option. I then Loaded the Sheboygan.grp package.

When trying to view a layout or map in the Web Preview pane of Studio, (see attached) it appears that the ajaxviewer.aspx (and probably a number of other files are missing) from the mapajaxviewer directory

I'm running the trial version and had not other Autodesk products on my system initially. Looking at the "URL for home task displayed in the Task Pane, I see: "/dotnetviewersample/overview/overviewmain.aspx".

Turning on directory browsing, you can see that the mapviewerajax directory on holds 2 files.

Was the ajaxviewer.aspx initially in Enterprise? I've installed more than once, yet get the same results. I'm trying this test on a Windows 7 64-bit system. Could that be causing some condition in the install from installing more files? 

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jackie.ng
in reply to: ITSupport007

mapviewerajax is just a pointer directory to either mapviewerphp/mapviewernet/mapviewerjava

In your case, mapviewerajax should be pointing to mapviewernet, because you choise the .net API option.

Given the file listing in your screenshot, I think something has been messed up in your installation. I would've expected to see whole lot more .aspx files

- Jackie

Message 3 of 6
ITSupport007
in reply to: jackie.ng

Thanks. Yes, did that using Step 13 at - http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Infr._Map_Server/enu/2012/Help/0000-Installa0/0008-Installa8/0011-Confi...  ,with the physical path pointing to mapviewernet.

However, it said "Right-click on Mapguide" - I used mapserver2012, as noted in the comments at the bottom of that page link.

I noticed on another machine that has a Map Guide Enterprise 2008 folder, it shows an ajaxviewer.aspx file. I wonder if there are conditional installs and something is getting messed up with the logic in installing Infrastructure vs. Enterprise, as Autodesk probably used that as a base to create the one for Infrastructure. I would like to see what folders/files are suppose to be in the folder mapviewernet, if anyone can send a screen shot or post a list. 

That leads to the next question: Is the mapviewerajax the same as OSGeo open source? 

Thanks for the education on all this.

Message 4 of 6
jackie.ng

You should be seeing this list of files in mapviewernet

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/MgDev/Web/src/mapviewernet

It should also have a bin folder containing the MapGuide .net API assemblies and dlls

- Jackie

Message 5 of 6
ITSupport007
in reply to: jackie.ng

Missing all that, except what was in my earlier screen shot.

I'm still not clear on something.

Does Autodesk Infrastructure Map Server (AIMS) incorporate OSGeo Mapguide? When I looked at the file ajaxviewer.aspx, in the directory you provided with the link, I noticed Import Namespace="OSGeo.MapGuide".

In the install instructions of AIMS, I didn't notice any prerequisites to also install Mapguide Open Source. 

Message 6 of 6
jackie.ng

There's also supposed to be a bin directory containing the MapGuide API binaries.

- Jackie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report