Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIMS mobile Viewer - offline

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
frosty1_4me
563 Views, 2 Replies

AIMS mobile Viewer - offline

Hi,

I would like to know where AIMS is headed for the abiltiy to present a mobile viewer offline.  Currently we are looking to release a mobile version of our AIMS based viewer which is strickly online data stream.   As soon as our users lose their network connection out in the world, our map will no longer work.   I would like to know what are the options going forward to get AIMS to work in an offline enviornment besides moving away from using AIMS. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gluckett
in reply to: frosty1_4me

Since AIMS/MapGuide users OpenLayers (both Mobile and Fusion), perhaps we can use the Offline Storage Example?

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/offline-storage.html

Message 3 of 3
jackie.ng
in reply to: frosty1_4me

2 Things to note about that offline storage example.

1. It only stores tile images. Sure you could use this to cache dynamic views of the map, but that's sort of useless. It's very unlikely you'll navigate to the same cached dynamic view more than once, making this a fruitless exercise.

2. It's using window.localStorage as the backend which has a pathetic 5MB limit for most browsers that support. You won't be caching much stuff for offline use with that kind of limit.

- Jackie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report