Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIMS 2013 WFS Layer Names

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Alex9569
616 Views, 3 Replies

AIMS 2013 WFS Layer Names

Hi Guys,

We have AIMS 2013 installed here and we are trying to use the WFS feature with another application to import spatial information. However the other application does not like the colon in the layer name. The colon is coming from the schema which we can't find a way not to include in the WFS. Below is an example of how the layer names appear in the WFS.

SCHEMA:LAYER_NAME

My question, is there anyway to publish the WFS without the schema included in the LAYER_NAME?

If not is the schema still included in the latest version of AIMS?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Alex Roberts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jackie.ng
in reply to: Alex9569

What is your WFS client application? One of these applications doesn't seem to be truly WFS compliant.

- Jackie

Message 3 of 4
Alex9569
in reply to: jackie.ng

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for replying, I would rather not disclose the name of the product. But isn't an off the shelf product if that helps. I've asked them again to make themselves WFS compliant.

Another related question when did the inclusion of the Schema become part of the WFS Specification?

Kind Regards

Alex

Message 4 of 4
jackie.ng
in reply to: Alex9569

I haven't read the WFS spec myself, but I'm guessing it would say that the layer name must be something unique.

The WFS implementation in MapGuide/AIMS is probably interprets that part of the spec by sticking the fully qualified FDO class name as the WFS layer name which would make sense. If you made the following feature classes available via WFS:

* Schema1:Pipes

* Schema2:Pipes

How could a WFS client be able to differentiate the two in a GetCapabilities response without including the schema name?

- Jackie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report