Valued Mentor
gluckett
Message 1 of 3 (1,247 Views)
Accepted Solution

AIMS 2013 on LINUX with Oracle

1247 Views, 2 Replies
12-05-2012 10:57 AM

Hi All,

I have a copy of Linux (Centos 5) and I have AIMS 2013 running. 

I can load and view files (i.e. MR SID/ECW/SDF/SHP)
but when I try to connect to Oracle, I get an error:

"The remote server returned an error: (559) MgFdoException.: An exception occurred in FDO component. Failed to retrieve Oracle error message."

I have 32bit Oracle etc and the Oracle 32bit Client files are in the FDO library folder. 

Actually, the new Oracle data source dialog in Studio was greyed out until I did this on the server.

I can connect everywhere else (even SQL Developer) but for some reason the FDO can't get to Oracle?

Any tips?

gordon

Thanks,

I figured it out (2 things)

1. I had to install the Full Oracle Client (32bit) Administrator version and copy the SO files into the LIB folder of FDO.
  2. I had to download the 3.7 CentOS 5.5 Linux SDK and copy the so files that are missing in the Linux install of AIMS 2013 for Linux.

that did the trick, I can now connect to Oracle with my Centos box with AIMS 2013.

Mentor
Robert_Fritz
Message 2 of 3 (1,239 Views)

Re: AIMS 2013 on LINUX with Oracle

12-05-2012 10:54 PM in reply to: gluckett

Hi Gordon,

not sure about 32bit/64bit Centos / AIMS - but I suppose Oracle client and application (AIMS) should both be either 32bit or 64bit - but not mixed.

Is there any further information in aims error log file?

If not - maybe GVC_TRACE_FILE helps to find out more. Have a look at:

http://geospatialfrance.typepad.com/geospatialfrance/2007/12/activer-le-mode.html

Good luck,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Valued Mentor
gluckett
Message 3 of 3 (1,228 Views)

Re: AIMS 2013 on LINUX with Oracle

12-06-2012 06:31 AM in reply to: gluckett

Thanks,

I figured it out (2 things)

1. I had to install the Full Oracle Client (32bit) Administrator version and copy the SO files into the LIB folder of FDO.
  2. I had to download the 3.7 CentOS 5.5 Linux SDK and copy the so files that are missing in the Linux install of AIMS 2013 for Linux.

that did the trick, I can now connect to Oracle with my Centos box with AIMS 2013.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.