Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIMS 2013 on LINUX with Oracle

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gluckett
1723 Views, 2 Replies

AIMS 2013 on LINUX with Oracle

Hi All,

I have a copy of Linux (Centos 5) and I have AIMS 2013 running. 

I can load and view files (i.e. MR SID/ECW/SDF/SHP)
but when I try to connect to Oracle, I get an error:

"The remote server returned an error: (559) MgFdoException.: An exception occurred in FDO component. Failed to retrieve Oracle error message."

I have 32bit Oracle etc and the Oracle 32bit Client files are in the FDO library folder. 

Actually, the new Oracle data source dialog in Studio was greyed out until I did this on the server.

I can connect everywhere else (even SQL Developer) but for some reason the FDO can't get to Oracle?

Any tips?

gordon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hence_the_name
in reply to: gluckett

Hi Gordon,

not sure about 32bit/64bit Centos / AIMS - but I suppose Oracle client and application (AIMS) should both be either 32bit or 64bit - but not mixed.

Is there any further information in aims error log file?

If not - maybe GVC_TRACE_FILE helps to find out more. Have a look at:

http://geospatialfrance.typepad.com/geospatialfrance/2007/12/activer-le-mode.html

Good luck,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 3
gluckett
in reply to: gluckett

Thanks,

I figured it out (2 things)

1. I had to install the Full Oracle Client (32bit) Administrator version and copy the SO files into the LIB folder of FDO.
  2. I had to download the 3.7 CentOS 5.5 Linux SDK and copy the so files that are missing in the Linux install of AIMS 2013 for Linux.

that did the trick, I can now connect to Oracle with my Centos box with AIMS 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report