Infrastructure Map Server Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Infrastructure Map Server Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Infrastructure Map Server topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIMS 2012 mobile viewer fails in some phones

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
frosty1_4me
608 Views, 2 Replies

AIMS 2012 mobile viewer fails in some phones

Hi,

I'm attempting to get a mobile viewer application up and running with AIMS 2012.  I have the sample application that is installed with 2012 currently loading and have tried it on an iphone, android, and bb as a test.  The applicaion works flawlessly on the iphone, but the bb it doesn't work well at all, nor on the android.  The nav menu in the bb will not open, as well as the touch screen nav tools they also don't work.  The android the left nav menu opens, but the onscreen touch nav (zoom) doesn't work.  There is one document that comes with the application, other than that there is absolutely no information to be found anywhere (at least that I've seen) on this application or issues with, which came a complete surprise to me since its riddled with syntax errors.

Does anyone have experience with this app, and how to correct it for the bb to work, as well as perhaps some other information.  The document is extremely limited.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jackie.ng
in reply to: frosty1_4me

Android is sadly a second-class citiizen to most software/applications vendors (despite having a bigger market share than ios!). I don't know what other metric Android has to beat iphone in order for most major vendors to give a ****.

/rant

If you care about non-iphone users like me, I'd personally just use raw OpenLayers with OpenLayers.Layer.MapGuide.

The latest OpenLayers stable release has excellent mobile device support.

- Jackie

Message 3 of 3
frosty1_4me
in reply to: jackie.ng

I totally understand your rant Jackie, thanks!

Your info is much appreciated as always.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums