Impression (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 is official now... any sign of Impression 3 being fixed for it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KPSWD
1294 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 7 is official now... any sign of Impression 3 being fixed for it?

Subject says it all really. We really need a compatibility fix for Impression; neither v2 nor v3 work in either 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows 7.
Can someone from Autodesk please advise when a patch for Impression 3 might appear?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bcbenton
in reply to: KPSWD

This is a big deal. I hope they haven't forgotten about Impression and spent all of their time on Cooper!
Message 3 of 4
panzaph

Chiming in here just to show there are more of us out there. Impression is the only software in use on our computers that isn't working with Windows 7 which is throwing a wrench in deployment plans. Tried XP Mode, that didn't work either.

Would appreciate even the simplest of responses from Autodesk in regard to the fate of Impression under Windows 7. I can't imagine that there won't be a fix published for this, but I'm sure we're all curious as to what kind of timeline we're looking at.

Thanks,

Patrick

**edit**

Just read this from the Support Knowledge Base, published on Windows 7 release date October 22:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue
You want to know what limitations have been identified for AutoCAD® or AutoCAD-based vertical products running on Microsoft Windows 7.

- Export to Impression functionality will not work because Autodesk Impression is not supported on Windows 7
-------------------------------------------------------------------

from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14056444&linkID=9240617

Well, that hardly sounds promising... Edited by: ppanza on Oct 30, 2009 11:41 AM
Message 4 of 4
KPSWD

That really is an irritating 'Knowledgebase' entry; a bit like going to a doctor with an obviously broken arm and being told "Yes, your arm is broken. Now go home"!
I agree that what we need is not just to know that Autodesk is aware of the problem, but some reassurance that the issue is being worked on and that it will be fixed in an upcoming service pack. Some idea of when that might be would be great but no doubt that is asking too much....
What is really unhelpful and somewhat unnerving is the complete silence from Autodesk on the subject on this forum (and everywhere else it seems). Not what I would call good customer relations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report