Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watercolor fills

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
JBenny2612
581 Views, 13 Replies

Watercolor fills

The file I've imported is in metric, but I'm printing on an 11x17 sheet, so my size is 279x431. When I try using the watercolor fills provided there is a dark spot in the center I cannot get rid of, manipulating the style properties. Is this because of my document size? I don't think it is a problem with document size, because I have tried this creating a new english sized document and it is still there.

Is this a watermark? How do I get rid of it?
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
JBenny2612
in reply to: JBenny2612

This is only happening with the delivered watercolor fills. All other fills are fine. If I create a new fill that matches the watercolor styles, this new fill does not have this mark.
Message 3 of 14
JBenny2612

I gotta say, I'm completely disappointed in this paid version versus the trial. The gradients are near impossible to use compared to the trials. I created some really nice plans with the trials in a minimal amount of time, but for some reason, I can't even get a simple filled gradient to work.
Message 4 of 14
NikolaiS

Hi Benny,

I'm sorry you're having problems with Impression. I have a few questions: Are you using the same computer that you used with the trial? Did your configuration change, in particular, did you install a new graphics card? Can you post the url of the result of the system requirements checker (located here: http://download.autodesk.com/esd/impression/ImpressionSystemTest.exe ).

Can you upload the problematic file (put it to my attention)?

I'll try to sort this out as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Nikolai Sander
Impression Programmer
Autodesk
Message 5 of 14
JBenny2612

Here is the readout from the cpu I had the trial installed on.
Message 6 of 14
JBenny2612

Here is the readout from the cpu I have the paid version installed on.
Message 7 of 14
JBenny2612

Here is the file.
Message 8 of 14
NikolaiS

Hi Benny,

Thanks for submitting the info that I asked for.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any watercolor styles in the drawing that you posted. Which layers have the gradient watercolor style that has this problem? If it's not applied, can you resubmit that file with such a style?

I haven't tried it on a machine with the same graphics card yet (most likely the issue), but I'm in the process of installing Impression on such a machine, so that I can reproduce what you're seeing.

Thanks for your patience.

Nikolai
Message 9 of 14
JBenny2612

oops...I didn't have any watercolor styles applied because of the problems. The problems seemed to be all delivered styles containing gradients. And I think we've narrowed some other issues we've been having down to the graphics card on the machine Impression is installed on. Tomorrow morning, we're going to install it on another maching with (a) better g-card and see if our problems reduce.
Message 10 of 14
NikolaiS

Hi Benny,

I tried out the watercolor styles that use a gradient and they work fine with my machine that also has the Intel 82915G/GV/910GL graphics chipset. One thing you might want to try is to download the newest driver from the Intel website, since the one you're using is quite old. We actually blacklisted the below Intel driver versions, since we had too many problems with them (Impression won't be allowed to start up with those installed). It looks like we missed the one you have, which is 6.14.0010.3889

Blacklisted versions:

6.14.0010.3864, 6.14.0010.3865, 6.14.0010.3943, 6.14.0010.4543

The first one that works fine is: 6.14.0010.4704

The newest one from the Intel website is version 6.14.0010.4764, which also works fine.

Hope this helps,

Nikolai
Message 11 of 14
JBenny2612

I've installed this on my normal cpu with the Quadro card and everything works just fine now. Thanks for the quick responses.
Message 12 of 14
jharter

i am having a very similar problem with gradient fills-
the gradient preview icon appears normal however when i attempt to apply the style the gradient drastically compresses and becomes uneven and grained. All gradients are behaving this way, even loaded styles from other impression libraries, like those from tutorials in marker fills, watercolors etc. i have the same graphics chipset in a dell- same series driver- could this be causing this unexpected behavior?
Message 13 of 14
NikolaiS

The driver is very likely the problem. The first thing I would try is to upgrade to the newest driver from the Intel website and try it again. If that doesn't work please post the url of the result the system test (see location in previous post from me above). Just the full url is enough, no need to do a screengrab.

Nikolai
Message 14 of 14
jharter

here is the url:
http://www.autodesk.com/impressions_sc/systemchecker/GfxTestResult.htm?result=0&mem=128%20MB&card=Intel(R)%2082915G/GV/910GL%20Express%20Chipset%20Family&pslevel=2.0&dxver=DirectX%209.0c%20installed&hdspace=14124%20MB&ram=502%20MB&osver=5.1%20SP%202.0&driver=6.14.0010.3889&vendorID=32902&deviceID=9602

my company is using dell machines- the rep i spoke with tells me that the latest driver they are approving for the 910 chipset is the .4543 which i see has been blacklisted.. so i think i wont be able to upgrade my graphics driver- intel's setup recognizes i have a dell and terminates installation of the driver defaulting me to my computer's manufacturer.. thanks for your help-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report