Impression (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The file is invalid and cannot be imported (saving from 2011 / 2012)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
davidetrovati.com
9648 Views, 8 Replies

The file is invalid and cannot be imported (saving from 2011 / 2012)

Impression does not open files saved or exported from  autocad/architecture rel. 2011 and 2012,

This is the error message "The file ".........." is invalid and cannot be imported
someone has a trick?
Hello everyone

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Mine recently started doing the same thing.  When I try to import a dwg. from AutoCad Architecture 2012 it almost immediately thows up that error message saying "The file is invalid and cannot be imported".  I've installed the hotfix for Windows 7 and until about the last 2 or maybe 3 days it was working fine.  No problems.  I've even uninstalled and re-installed the program with no effect.  If there is some one out there that has some kind of a fix, I'd really like to find out about it.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 9
TexShalter
in reply to: rpritchard

Have you tried saving to an older version from autocad ?

Message 4 of 9

try to export the file for autocad (not A_architecture) may verify that there are objects with different colors from the pallet standard, the old 256 colors!,
let me know.

Message 5 of 9

I just came across this error and thread... I haven't expanded everything yet but the idea of the colors causing this seems to work. I have a file I saved down to 2007 and it still failed on the import.  However, I have a solid hatch in there that is true color... that may cause the problem?  I will have to explore.

Message 6 of 9
Peter_Hughes
in reply to: sstefanc

SOLVED

The problem is non-standard colours for line colours.

We had a single polyline with a DIC colour. Once we deleted this one polyline, our CAD file imported just fine.

Message 7 of 9
gjcbachman
in reply to: Peter_Hughes

I found this just in time.  Two of us spent almost 3 hours trying to figure out why a 2013 drawing saved back, stripped of everything and even dxf'd the file still wouldn't work.  After finding this post I found 3 layers set to true color, changed them and now it works.  Now hopefully we can come up with something that looks decent in the next hour.  Thanks!

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 8 of 9
ylchen
in reply to: gjcbachman

CAD 上色時不要用漸層色,要用單一色(256色) ,這樣就可以成功打開了

Message 9 of 9
rk.33190
in reply to: Peter_Hughes

Hi Peter! What is DIC colour? i still cant figure out why it will not import.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums