cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
mikemead
404 Views, 7 Replies

Text Problems

When saving Impression file to jpeg or PDF, I am losing random characters in text strings.
Attached file illustrates.

In general we like the program and think it has potential to be useful to us, but hope the memory and output problems can be solved.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Wenders
in reply to: mikemead

I'm also having output problems. Although the layers display perfectly on the screen, when the file is exported as a PDF or printed, many of the layers do not display properly. If I shift the Impression layer order around, I can find a solution but it takes a bit of time.
Message 3 of 8
mikemead

we also tried moving the text layer around with no difference. the missing characters also vary from one print to the next. we have also tried different fonts.
so far our best result was one missing character, but still not good enough to use for presentation.
Message 4 of 8
mikemead

the site plan i was working from was in the "landscape" orientation. we had determined that out color board would be used in the "portrait" orientation, so all of the text was put in the autocad file at 90 degrees...after plotting we would simply turn the paper...no problem in autocad, but impressions apparently cant process the rotated text correctly.
after rotating everything in the impressions file so that the text was oriented at zero degrees the problem seems to have been solved (or at least worked around)
Message 5 of 8
NikolaiS

I downloaded the dwf file and tried to reproduce the missing characters without success. Are you using the Tech Preview version or the shipping version R1? What were your settings when saving as jpg (Quality, Resolution etc.)

Thanks,

Nikolai Sander
Impression Team
Message 6 of 8
mikemead

thanks for the reply Nikolai.
I am using Tech Preview 4
settings when saving to jpeg:
quality - 6 - medium
resolution - medium (150dpi)
format - standard
my canvas size set to ANSI D in landscape orientation
with my text rotated 90 degrees
I was unable to reproduce the error on a smaller canvas size (8.5x11) and as i posted earlier, was able to avoid the error on the larger canvas by rotating everything 90 degrees so that the text was not rotated.
hope these few clues are a help.
Message 7 of 8
snelson

Hey All--

I am having trouble saving as a PDF. When I use Reader to print the PDF it so pixilated and blurry that it is very legible.

What is the best format to save a finished rendering so that It can be printed and shared (e-mailed) with ease....and look like it does on my screen????

Thanks in advance 😉

Stephanie
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

PDF should be fine. Can you try outputting to a higher resolution PDF?

thanks,
shana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report