Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering an Architecture perspective

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
DeborahRyan7174
415 Views, 0 Replies

Rendering an Architecture perspective

I am new to impressions. I have worked through the e-learning and was very excited to try the software out with my AutoCAD Architecture models. My company has only been working in AutoCAD Architecture for about 3 months. I, myself have about 1.5 years experience with ADT. We have been trying to produce simple perspective line drawings for customer review on custom residential projects. We had hoped that there would be a simple way to show the customer their house throughout the design process. Unfortunately ACA will not print the surface hatching in perspective so I was going to have to take the model to a fully rendered state at the beginning of the design process which is a lot of work if you are not sure if the customer is going to buy the house. Also I have no training in computer rendering so I will need to learn those skills as well. If every thing that I just experienced with the tuitorials would work for my perspective drawings this would be a great alternative, especially with the ability to import styles and mapping from drawing to drawing. This would mean that I could work out all of the styles on the front of the house and quickly transfer them to the side and rear perspectives. At least that was my thinking and I was very excited at this prospect.

Unfortunately now that I am trying things on my own I am at a loss and becoming very frustrated. Could somebody tell me the best way to bring my perspectives into impression to work with them. I have been working with rendering in Architecture so my model has hatches and materials in the wall and roof styles. This seems to be causing lots of problems. First neither my material or surface hatch comes through. The areas of the perspective that should have a hatch or a fill are not reading well in impressions. I am having trouble applying styles to either the layers or the objects.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Deborah
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums