Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wendyloui
304 Views, 5 Replies

Printing Problems

I've had difficulties printing my drawings. It seems that no matter what I do my title block gets cut off. I've moved things around, I've changed the paper size and the only thing that helps is to scale the whole drawing which is not the most desirable solution because it doesn't print the size that I want. I'm printing to an HP DesignJet 800. Has anyone encountered this and how have you solved the problem if you have?

Also, when I print to a pdf I am never able to complete the "print" I get an error message (sorry it was a couple of days ago and I can't remember the exact message).

Wendy Miller
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Smaze
in reply to: wendyloui

I have a similar problem, printing to an hp deskjet 1220c, its only been on one drawing thou, but no mater what i did the drawing top was cut off, even when resizing the entire image, the print preview show the image as being inside the boundary box/printable area but the plot came out with the top missing, the only way to get a hard copy was to save as a jpeg and plot out through another package, so far its only happen to one image? but i suspect it was something to do with the amount of imported objects at different scales. apart from that minor problem, impressions is turning out to be a very useful tool.
Message 3 of 6
wendyloui

I had the same thing happen on an HP1220c and on a couple of drawings. I haven't even been able to get it to print to a jpeg. What I finally did was plot what I could get, scan it to a jpeg then put into AutoCad. I love the images that I am getting, I just can't get them to paper.

Wendy
Message 4 of 6
Smaze

Hi
the "save as" command allows you to change the format of the drawing to jpeg. but its interesting to note that people are having problems with HP printers?
Message 5 of 6
wendyloui

Smaze,

Thanks that did the trick! I was trying to "plot" to a jpg. I didn't think to "saveas". It took a while to process and ate up a ton of memory but it worked. And I've spent hours trying to figure it out. Now I think that I could come up with a color drawing that is exactly what I need in well under two hours. It might have taken the guy that did it before the better part of a day...and he doesn't work at the same company I do any more! Keep up the good work Impression Team.

Wendy
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Another thing to try is to reduce the pixels per inch in the print dialog. The default is 300 but we've seen great results with as low as 72.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report