Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model space entities extending beyond viewport

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KPSWD
1014 Views, 4 Replies

Model space entities extending beyond viewport

I have several drawings created with Autocad 2009 which show this behaviour. The A3 layout sheet has one entity on it - the viewport, all other geometry is in model space.

On importing the layout into Impression 2, a number of model-space entities (lines, polylines etc) extend beyond the right hand edge of the viewport, while on the other 3 sides the entities are clipped correctly.

As this user had not updated to Impression 3, we tried upgrading and found that Impression 3 did exactly the same thing.

Impression is running here on Vista x64 Ultimate. I gather that 64-bit OS's are not officially supported. I have not tested it on a 32-bit system to see if it is related.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ShanaProd
in reply to: KPSWD

64-bit OS isnt specifically supported but that's likely not the problem. If you can attach the file and some screenshots showing expected vs actual behavior on import, we'll take a look.

Thanks,
Shana
Message 3 of 5
ShanaProd

64-bit OS isnt specifically supported but that's likely not the problem. If you can attach the file and some screenshots showing expected vs actual behavior on import, we'll take a look.

Thanks,
Shana
Message 4 of 5
KPSWD

Hello Shana

I have attached 338#sk6.dwg which contains the layout sheet we are trying to import (sk6).

A screenshot of the problem can be seen here: http://www.balston.co.uk/kp/impressionscreenshot.png. The selected entity showing red is the viewport.

Many thanks for your help

Keith

Edited by: KeithPocock7524 on Jul 29, 2009 1:18 PM
Message 5 of 5
irene.chen

Thanks for your feedback, I can reproduce this issue and the defect has been logged, we will look at it.
-Irene

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report