Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Error Still an issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bobed2121
604 Views, 4 Replies

Memory Error Still an issue

I'm having a memory error with Impression. Working awhile I'll get a "video memory program will shut down now" (or something like that). I am running a nvidia Quadro FX 550 5.43.02.91.01. I ran the test application and this card passed for Impression. Fix?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TerribleTim68
in reply to: bobed2121

Yea, there seams to be a lot of us with this issue, thats the same message I get on my machine as well as the other guys I would bet.How about it Autodesk? Got a cure for this?
Message 3 of 5
tomdbiggs

I'm also getting the "out of video memory" problem. I'm running a NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400. I took an elevation sheet (24x36) I was needing to render and the file came out to a whopping 23 megs. I think there needs to be a way to "tone down" the level of clarity of textures so that files do not get too bulky. This mode of working would be akin to turning off the shading in Revit.

Also, when I tried to add some "heavy marker" fill for an artistic sky in the background of the elevations, the file became unusable. I think this particular rendered fill is rather detailed. This goes back to the thought above--there needs to be a way of toning down the intensity of detail, so most users can load up drawings with all the cool effects.

Good luck Autodesk. I hope you get these little "bugs" sorted out. The program is an AMAZING tool.
Message 4 of 5
jharter

receiving the same error on a number of our workstations- any chance of a fix soon?
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

If you hit this error reliably, please send me the file you're working on, details of your video card (Driver, etc.) and the steps that will reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Shana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report