Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressions and windows 7

121 REPLIES 121
Message 1 of 122
monksanand
13331 Views, 121 Replies

Impressions and windows 7

I dont know what the problem with windows 7 or the net framework SDK of windows7 but here are some problems i am facing.
I am using impressions 3
Windows7 build 7100 x64 Ultimate......ATI Raedon - HD4850, 2.2GHz core 2 duo, 2GB ram.

Issues:
1) Saving a file as native impression format.
2) Opening a file.
3) Importing an Autocad file.

What happens: Each time i try and do the above the file crashes and doesnt work....goes to the crash screen asking me to send a report to AUTODESK for errors. well i have done that few times already.
I installed impressions in a VISTA x64 ultimate system and worked my way easily without such errors and completed my work, saved the file as native impressions format as well as a pdf for prints later. Basciallly it was the issue of the net framework 3.5 sp1 fault that i dint work earlier on the friends PC. I installed the hotfixes as well as netframework SDK 3.5 SP1 on it and everything worked gr8.
But WINDOW7 is just not budging its way to work....tried reinstalling SDK....tried reinstalling Impressions.....tried to run it as a vista and XP but nothing.

Can AUTODESK please find a fix for this???
121 REPLIES 121
Message 101 of 122
apoehnelt
in reply to: monksanand

Hi,

I would like a copy of this beta hotfix for impressions on Windows 7. Please send it to autocadhelpdesk@bruceco.com.

Thanks,

Nick
Message 102 of 122
agomez

I need the fix please!!!!
Much Obliged

agomez@mselex.com

Thanks Edited by: agomez@mselex.com on Mar 15, 2010 10:49 AM
Message 103 of 122
agomez

Can you please send me a copy of the hot fix!!!?
I have to update a drawing and I'm stuck with this problem!

Thank a million!

agomez@mselex.com
Message 104 of 122
Matt.Anderson

The Impression 7 Hotfix for Windows 7 has been released and can be located for download here:

Impression 3 Hotfix for Windows 7
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14719247&linkID=9364941

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 105 of 122
monksanand

Finally autodesk has made it official launch.....u can also download it here direct link.
Message 106 of 122
pepsiqueen

One would think, that since i "sent the error report to autodesk" with my email address, i would have received some notification from them that there is a fix. (just like the error report says they will do) And that i would not have to trawl the message boards for an answer.
Message 107 of 122

Hey this is great news could you send me the hot fix also. Thanks for being out there doing the Autodesk job. Mike
E-Mail: Naturescapesrvs@comcast.net
Message 108 of 122
stan

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE, I HAVE THE TRIAL VERSION AND WOULD LIKE TO BUY BUT NEED TO TRY THE FIX FIRST. PLEASE SEND ASAP.

THANKS

STAN DUNHAM
STAN@BESPOKENC.COM
Message 109 of 122
finally

Could someone send me the hotfix please, thanks
leonardo_pd87@hotmail.com
Message 110 of 122
stu4370
in reply to: apoehnelt

Does anybody know if the hotfix works on Impression 2 or if there's a different fix for it? I let my subscription expire a while ago, don't have version 3. I did try to download a trial but that won't run either.

Not impressed that the programme suddenly stopped working as soon as I upgraded to Windows 7. Come on Autodesk, get it sorted. 

Message 111 of 122
davidetrovati.com
in reply to: ajewett

Can you send me the hotfix please?
davide.trovati@studiolentinu.it
Thank you

Message 112 of 122
lsdesigngroup

I need the hotfix for Impression 3, or a link of where to download it. Thanks!

chuck@cadgroup.biz

Message 113 of 122

Message 114 of 122
lucy_girl15
in reply to: Bloubum

Hi...

I am trying to find the Defualts.xml file but there is nothing, I already did a use the search command and nothing. Do you if maybe they changed the file's name or extension?? Could you help me out??

Thanks!!!

Message 115 of 122
lsdesigngroup
in reply to: lucy_girl15

I found mine in the following directory:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Impression\3.0\enu

Hope this helps!

Message 116 of 122
dfair4450

Has the hotfix worked for everyone? impression_r3_win7_hotfix.zip It is not working for me. Does anyone have any other solutions?

Message 117 of 122
makovich
in reply to: dfair4450

@heatherpell:

Impression 3 on W7 cannot save and has random crashes. The hotfix patch solves this.

Are you having this problem or are you having a different one? (please describe if it's a different one)

Greets!

Message 118 of 122
dfair4450
in reply to: makovich

@makovich:

I have installed the hotfix & am still having the same problem.

I guess the problem we are having is a little different than the one you describe, in that, we cannot completely open a file. Once it appears to be finished loading, the program crashes immediately with no error message. It does pull up a window to send an error report to autodesk.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what is causing this.

Thanks!

Heather

Message 119 of 122
gtrias

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling and then applying the hotfix.

If you are really desparate, you could try installing on a WinXP machine if you've got access to one. Win7 installations have been notoriiously buggy.

Message 120 of 122
makovich

@heatherpell

Do you have access to a machine with a clean install of W7?

I ask this because I heve noticed that sometimes software interacts. For example Revit Architecture 2012 has a rendering engine which crashes if you have installed a Wacom drawing tablet.

I found out when I did a reinstall of everything and Revit worked until I installed Photoshop and the tablet, I googled the problem and found out the tablet driver is the problem (or a bug in Revit, depending on who you ask) and it has not been resolved as far as I know.

So, if you could do a clean install of w7 and then install Impression and the hotfix inmediately after (before installing drivers for any special hardware). You could check if it works then. If it does, you will know it is a problem of interaction with a driver or another program.

I hope this helps!

Max.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report