Did you mean: 

Impression Evaluation HELP!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
368 Views, 1 Reply

Impression Evaluation HELP!!!!

Greetings:

I am in charge of evaluating whether Impressions is the right tool for my 100+ person firm to do concept renderings. I am VERY attracted to it because of the integral nature of Impressions with Autocad. This is the single most important feature of the product, in my opinion, yet I cannot get it to work -at all. (I did get it to work on v2 last year, but V3 doesn't play at all)

I have a simple 2d elevation, drafted in Autocad. I can import it, or open it in Impressions. I fill certain areas of the drawing, (i.e. windows and brick) with the marker fill. Then I go back and tweak the DWG and save, then go to "Update Geometry" in Impressions. No matter what check boxes I have checked/unchecked in the Update dialog box, it doesn't matter. After Impressions is done updating, all kinds of wierd stuff happens, one of the fill colors disappears, or all of the fill colors are converted to just one color, and the coordination of the updated geometry with respect to the fill areas in Impression is non-existant. It has even taken the filled colors out of the drawing lines and put them way off to the side.

I thought that Impressions was going to be was an Adobe Illustrator killer, making me (and my firm look good) but it's inability to work as advertized has me thinking that its more likely a deal killer.

It is so wierd, I have actually thought that the inbstallation might be corrupt, but all other aspects of the program seem to play ok.

Any thoughts or comments would be very welcome. It would be nice if there were a telephone # to call to talk to a live person about this!?!?!

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ShanaProd
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi - sorry for the trouble you're having with Cad Update. You said Impression 2 worked well for you - have you tried the same file and same update steps in R2, and did you get good results there? If so, please post the IRF and both the before- and after-versions of the DWG, along with steps to reproduce the fills you applied once the original DWG was in Impression (if you still have them), so we can test it out here.

Thanks,
Shana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report