Did you mean: 

Impression crashing system on plot

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brentvos
1513 Views, 1 Reply

Impression crashing system on plot

Hello,
I've been working on a fairly simple impression figure for a roundabout this morning, and managed to print one copy. Since then though, I've been getting a massive crash which literally kills my video card. I go into what looks like Safe Mode graphics, which must be just the hardware graphics running, and Impression says "Plot failed due to loss of display". There is also a window that says "Display Driver Stopped Responding" with "The ati2dvag display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality."
I would like to know if this is due to file corruption in impression or somehow my video card decided to crap the bed since this morning? I will upload the IRF file in hopes that someone else can reproduce the file.
One other symptom noted is that it now takes a long time for the file to load, and that the computer is completely locked up while it loads.

Thanks,
Brent

(Pentium D 2x3.4GHz, 2GB of RAM, 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nvanlaar
in reply to: brentvos

A couple of suggestions until I get a chance to look at the file:

Is your GPU driver up-to-date?  I notice it is an x1300 which (for Impression) is on the light side in my experience.  I would not use a GPU with less than 512MB Memory.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report