Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impression 3 in CAD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dtdesign
1112 Views, 3 Replies

Impression 3 in CAD

I recall seeing a webinar by Ms. Allen and in it, she had Impression loaded into AutoCAD. She had an axonometric framing detail with Impression styles on it (there was color and shading). In v2010 of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Architecture, does anyone know if this can be done still?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wendyloui
in reply to: dtdesign

Yes. I don't know the webinar that you are talking about but you can create visual styles for the way that you view the 3D models. There are some presets like 2D wireframe (which you cannot change), hidden, conceptual, realistic and 3D wireframe. The 3D visual styles can be copied and modified so that you can have the edges extend and lines be "jittered".
Message 3 of 4
dtdesign

Wendyloui - thanks for the response. I am familiar with the visual styles, but this isn't what had occurred - perhaps it was a feature with the Impression v.1 and AutoCAD 2008. I thought there was a way of bringing impression into CAD as an application...

No big deal - at worst, I can always make the .irf and print it as a .pdf and Photoshop it inot CAD if I had to...

-Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
wendyloui

I know that I have done what you want to do within AutoCAD and I just thought of how I did it... There is a command (undocumented I believe) that is called "napkin", just type that at the command line. See if that is what you want.

Wendy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report