Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Files Outside of Workspace

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kkohlhoff
446 Views, 6 Replies

Importing Files Outside of Workspace

I am having a problem with importing and I am not sure if it is some setting or some Impression 101 that I don't know about. When I start a drawing and import one from cad, my imported drawing never comes into the impression workspace. It is partially in there, but not fully. When I need to update data, it all moves back again, sometimes moving pieces separately in different locations. How do I get it to come into the right space every time? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kkohlhoff
in reply to: kkohlhoff

Also on that note, when I add a style to an object, then change the objects layer, my object likes to "jump" and land in the wrong location. Is there any way to stop that from happening or reset the object back into its original location?
Message 3 of 7
gtrias

Are you importing modelspace drawings or layout tabs in paperspace? Also - you aren't moving the base plane either are you? (gasp!)
Message 4 of 7
kkohlhoff

Layout tabs with a border and a viewport of modelspace. I am not likely moving the base plane since I am not sure how I would be doing that, unless accidentally.
Message 5 of 7
ShanaProd

Is your model appearing outside of the Impresion viewing canvas? Does the DWG contain clipping or hidden viewports?

thanks,
Shana
Message 6 of 7
kkohlhoff

Yes, it is outside of the canvas. No, there are no hidden or clipping viewports.
Message 7 of 7
ShanaProd

Try importing Modelspace directly?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report