Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill Tool-slow to activate

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tomdbiggs
392 Views, 5 Replies

Fill Tool-slow to activate

When I switch from say the line tool, to the fill tool, there is a rather lengthy delay before it is active. Of course once the tool is active (finally) the speed of the tool's ability to "find" fillable areas is rapid. What is the reason for this delay, are others observing this too, and are there any suggestions for solving this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tomdbiggs

It is rather slow to activate. I also notice a slight delay in the fill tool finding the area it can fill. This delay can be a huge delay if the area is large enough. One other trick I have learned is to zoom in to the area you are working with to cut down on the time it takes the fill tool to find the area it can fill. It seems the more stuff visible on screen, the slower it runs. Just my observations. Another thing I would like to see is when you select the fill tool, it should remember your last used style instead of having to pick the style every time.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

"it should remember your last used style instead of having to pick the style every time. "

totally agree with this, not the first time i have been filling stuff in then find i require a line, draw that then go back to fill and fill the bit with the wrong style
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

The pause you see when using the area fill tool depends on the size of your canvas. Zooming in will not improve the time to compute the initial area fill.

The time is used to render the curves into the area fill buffer, and compute a fill around the border.

-- Scott Morrison
Impression Developer
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

will this time decrease in later versions?

half the time i can fill most of what i want in, and the computer can hardly keep up everything goes grey and a minute later it all fills in. would be nice if it were even just that little bit faster.

mind you its far superior to photoshop that took forever and a day to set the image up using a saved eps(i think)
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

i noticed that my program shut down with FILL command when dragged across an non-closed object. When it appears to think it is filling the entire sheet.

program boots me out. i have been able to work around this somewhat.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report