Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
dale.wright
381 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Blocks

Hi

I'm new to impressions, giving it a trial run.

I was having trouble importing a fairly simple dwg file of a street elevation, it was crashing Impressions at the end of the import process.

I then tried expolding the dynamic blocks in the autocad file, and suddenly the dwg file will import OK. Is this a known problem with Impressions?

Are there any other known elements in Autocad that should be avoided when preparing a dwg for Impressions? Is there any documentation or help on optimising autocad files for use in Impressions, a sort of Best Practice Guide?

It looks like its got bags of potential, but I'm struggling with getting any dwg files with significant detail into Impressions.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ShanaProd
in reply to: dale.wright

What version of Impression are you using?

If you can post 2 versions of the DWG, with and without the dynamic blocks, I'd like to try it here.

Thanks,
Shana
Message 3 of 3
dale.wright
in reply to: dale.wright

I'm on Impressions 3

Things have moved on a bit here. I now think it is was graphics card driver problem which was causing the crash, and that the dynamic blocks were merely triggering it, rather than being the root cause.

I've had our IT people update the driver, and the problem has been resolved.

I'm still interested in advice on efficient methods for preparing autocad files for export to Impressions, as it seems to me I'm going to have to spend considerable amounts of time tweaking other peoples dwg's to knock them into shape for Impressions.

I realise that in an ideal world they would take the time to prepare their files in the form that I would like, but as they are techies, and I am the only one interested in the arty output of their files, it will be down to me to sort it out.

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report