Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed Contours Not Displaying Correctly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kkohlhoff
4293 Views, 6 Replies

Dashed Contours Not Displaying Correctly

I am trying to import a drawing with dashed contour lines, but when they import, they become solid. I have tried the contours as a civil 3D surface, a block, and finally exploded to polylines on a zero elevation, and still none show dashed lines like in my CAD drawing. Editing the style within impression won’t let me dash them either. There are other dashed lines in my drawing that are showing properly and I have switch my settings in my fast display option back and forth. Am I forgetting something or need to go about my contours/surface a different way? I am using impression 3 and C3D 2010. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ShanaProd
in reply to: kkohlhoff

Could it be something in the lineweight or plot style?

Thanks,
Shana
Message 3 of 7
kkohlhoff

In CAD? I don't think so, since my other dashed lines are showing properly.
Message 4 of 7
ShanaProd

Might be worth putting that one linetype on a new layer, making sure nothing is specified for that layer in the plotstyle, and re-importing.

It's also possible that the specific linetype you're trying to import isn't supported.
Message 5 of 7
DCPrater

I have noticed that if you open the cad file the linetypes come in dashed. If you update the cad geometry the dashed lines go solid.

I think it defaults to the linetype of the layer and not the object on the layer.

Hopefully they can address this soon.
Message 6 of 7
rogerward

Was there ever a solution found?  I have been having the same problem.

Message 7 of 7
makovich
in reply to: DCPrater

I believe that by default, Impression assigns objects properties based on the layer.
You can override that inside Impression, but a better option is to prepare drawingswhile in Autocad FOR Impression.

It's better to move (or copy) objects that should appear as dashed to a separate layer, so you could just apply a dashed style to that layer once inside Impression and affect all the objects in that layer at once.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report