Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
162 Views, 6 Replies

Curious

Hello All,

I am very curious about Autodesk Impression, I work for a civil engineering firm, but we do site development as well and what I would like to accomplish is to create some site layouts/exhibits and render them. I am just wondering if impression is practical for this, and does anyone know where I might be able to see how much the product costs?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Impression is free with any Autodesk Subscription, you just have to download it from the subscription center.

I also work for a civil engineer, but most of our work is small developments, and so far we've only used Impression for presentation of two projects. One was a motel site primarily to show the city council something that they would grasp easier than a black and white line drawing. The other was a parking lot for another city so that they could grasp the landscaping and paving improvements better.

It certainly works to wow the laymen who don't completely grasp the line drawings that most engineers provide them 😉
I'd say it's worth the time to learn (which it is pretty easy to pick up, its fairly simple), and it can reload the dwg file used to originally create the drawing, so that major design changes can be reflected in the presentation fairly easily.
Message 3 of 7
wendyloui

I think it is the perfect for your situation. It is fairly easy to learn, just spend some time to learn it and setup your styles. You get some pretty amazing results pretty quickly. I've used it on and off since in was in Labs and it was exactly what I had been hoping would come along for years.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Yeah, I found out our computer services department downloaded the free software, but apparently no one in our company has used it. But other than the tutorials that come with Impression are there tips or how-to articles on creating styles?
Message 5 of 7
nvanlaar

Explore the Impression Site.

wrote in message news:5983792@discussion.autodesk.com...
Yeah, I found out our computer services department downloaded the free
software, but apparently no one in our company has used it. But other than
the tutorials that come with Impression are there tips or how-to articles on
creating styles?
Message 6 of 7
nvanlaar

Explore the Impression
Site.

<Chris Munoz> wrote in message

href="news:5983792@discussion.autodesk.com">
size=2>news:5983792@discussion.autodesk.com

size=2>...
Yeah, I found out our computer services department downloaded the
free
software, but apparently no one in our company has used it. But other
than
the tutorials that come with Impression are there tips or how-to
articles on
creating styles?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

hi Curious -

As a subscription customer you are entitled to free eLearning lessons. These can be found on the Subscription Center site. They will also be updated on the Impression Community site - http://impression.autodesk.com/learning/eLearning/ shortly.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager - Autodesk Impression
lisa.crounse@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report