Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Style Exceptions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
abiondi
1446 Views, 1 Reply

Block Style Exceptions

I'm fairly new at using Impression and, so far, find it extremely frustrating. This forum doesn't seem to be active at all but I have a number of questions and will try to get some answers anyway.

Question 1: When I open a DWG file in Impression, to apply a style to blocks by insert layer, I first have to edit each block to reset style exceptions. If I update the CAD geometry, I have to edit each block all over again. This is a huge waste of time. Why are there style exceptions in the first place? How can I avoid this? Am I missing something simple?

Question 2: I have blocks representing trees and shrubs in a landscape plan. They are just circles and lines. When I apply a style to the layer the block is inserted on, the color fill sits on top of the lines no matter what I do. The stroke for the lines is at the top of the tree. Sometimes I get the proper result but cannot get it consistently.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jim_Earle
in reply to: abiondi

I will see if I can help

Question 1: When I open a DWG file in Impression, to apply a style to blocks by insert layer, I first have to edit each block to reset style exceptions. If I update the CAD geometry, I have to edit each block all over again. This is a huge waste of time. Why are there style exceptions in the first place? How can I avoid this? Am I missing something simple?

When you update your CAD gemetry (this still does not work the way it should) you can check the box to retain CAD objects modified in Impression. You can also uncheck the Update Blocks Definition. Not sure if that solves your problem.

Question 2: I have blocks representing trees and shrubs in a landscape plan. They are just circles and lines. When I apply a style to the layer the block is inserted on, the color fill sits on top of the lines no matter what I do. The stroke for the lines is at the top of the tree. Sometimes I get the proper result but cannot get it consistently.

For this you can either use the block subsition option (press F5) or you can place the image over your block and then turn off the layer that your cad blocks are on. If you want the lines to appear it is just a matter of selecting the layers and putting them in the order you want (right click and select 'arange selection') Not sure if this answers all of your questions and I hope it helps.

This forum is not very active. There use to be a community site which was way nicer but I am not sure what happened to that and why.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report